This document relates to the CacheFly V1 platform. For documentation relating to the CacheFly V2 platform please see our new Help Guides.
Child FTP accounts allow you to create FTP accounts that are restricted to a specific 'root' directory. For example, a user named 'marketing' could be created with only access to the /marketing folder. If the root directory is /, it creates an account with full FTP access but no web access.
To configure a Child FTP Account, click on Account Settings and then the FTP Child Accounts submenu. The Child FTP account configuration screen, illustrated below, is displayed. Follow the steps below to configure a Child FTP Account.
- Click Add new FTP child. The Change Child FTP Settings screen, illustrated below, is displayed.
- Select Active from the Status drop down to make the Child Account active within the system.
- Enter your username in the Login field.
- Enter your password in the Password field. (Note: Your password must contain at least 6 characters, have at least one number and be no longer than 16 characters.)
- Re-enter your password in the Retype password field.
- Enter the path to the root location for the Child Account in the Root field.
- Click Save.